The user is informed about the use of technical cookies in use on the site through a banner visible on every first access to the Site, as provided for by the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data (No 229 of May 8, 2014)and by provision no. 231 containing “Guidelines for cookies and other tracking tools”, published in the Official Gazette no. 163 of 9 July 2021.
What are cookies?
Cookies are made up of code portions (computer files or partial data) sent by a server to the user’s internet browser, from that browser stored automatically to the user’s computer and automatically returned to the server at any occurrence or subsequent access to the site.
Usually a cookie contains the name of the web site from which the cookie itself comes, the lifetime of the cookie it seld comes, the lifetime of the cookie (that is how long it will remain on the users’s device) and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
At each subsequent visit, cookies are returned to the website that originated them (first party cookies) or to another site that recognizes them (third party cookies).
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the user’s device and have different purposes, such as allowing you to navigate efficiently between pages, remember favorite sites, and generally improve your navigations experience. They also help ensure that online display content is more targeted to a user and his interests.
If you decide to disable cookies, this may affect and/or limit your browsing experience, you may not be able to visit certain sectors.
The mode of operation, as well as options for limiting or blocking cookies, can be adjusted by changing the settings of your internet browser. Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically, but you can change these settings to block cookies or the alerted whenever cookie are sent to your device.
There are several ways to handle cookies, so please refer to your browser’s browser screen to see how to adjust or change its settings. In fact, the user is enabled to change the default configuration and disable cookies (ie lock them permanently) by setting the highest protection level.
Cookies used in the site
Below is an explanatory list.
- Technical cookies are essential for proper site operation and allow users to browse the site and exploit its features (for example, allow you to store previous actions or save your users session and/or perform other activities closely necessary for site operation).
- The site uses or can use, even in combination, session cookies that are stored on the user’s computer for mere technical-functional requirements, for the transmission of session identifiers needed to allow site safe and efficient browsing ; they are deleted at the end of the session (hence the name) with the browser closing; persistent cookies that remain stored on your computer hard drive until they expire or are deleted by users.
- Through persistent cookies, users who access sites (or other users who use the same computer) will automatically be recognized at each visit.
- This category also includes analytics cookies that help you understand how users interact with the site by providing information about the last visited page, the number of sections and pages visited, the time elapsed on the site and each issue emerged during the navigation, such as an error message, and help you understand every difficulty that you may meet in your use of the site. This information may be associated with user details such as IP address, domain, or browser; however , they are analyzed together with other users’ information so they do no identify a particular user over the other. These cookies are collected and aggregated in anonymous form and allow the site manager to improve.
- Finally, feature cookies allow the site to remember the user’s choices (for example, the user name) to provide the user with a more personalized and optimized navigation. Functional cookies are not essential to the functioning of the Sites, but they improve the quality and the navigation experience. If you do not accept these cookies, your site’s yield and functionality may be lower and access to site-content may be limited.
Third party cookies
The third party cookies on the site:
Cookie name: anonymized Google Analytics
Purpose: Statistics in anonymous form
First or third party: Third party
Web reference: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
How to block cookies
For more information, visit Google Chrome’s page
For more information, visit Internet Explorer’s page
For more information, visit Opera’s page
For more information, visit Firefox’s page
For more information, visit Microsoft Edge’s page
Versione 1.1 del 10/01/2022